The Great Collegiate Esports Hub Participation Contest
The Hub is all about having fun, and we like to have fun with our friends. As part of our mission to help grow our partners’ esports programs, we believe the school gaming communities should also be out there having fun gaming with their friends, too.
Naturally, then, it would make sense to encourage this. Thus, The Great Collegiate Esports Hub Participation Contest was born. We want to incentivize school gaming communities to get involved, but we also know not everyone wins a prize by playing, so we also wanted to provide a participation incentive for teams who don’t think they can win by placing.
The Hub is giving away $1,000 as a cash prize pool to the registered student organization on the campus that sees the highest participation rates among schools.
That’s the important part. Below, you’re welcome to read all the nitty-gritty. Essentially, we tried our best to make it fair and minimize rigging.
Not Legalese But Close To It
- $1,000 cash prize pool awarded to a registered student organization
- Winner is selected quantitatively
- Each Hub tournament will be assessed after its completion
- One point is awarded to each individual, eligible student that participates in a match
- Individual games, maps, or other match subdivisions are not counted separately
- Substitutes are not awarded points (switch-ins are not added to total)
- Forfeited matches will be awarded to the reporter as a half point
- Points will be multiplied by 1.2 times the percentage of formats that are not double elimination tournaments. (This is to account for but not award an advantage to formats with less match density.)
- Schools with multiple tournaments per semester will only have their largest tournament (by total point score) counted
- The school with the most points at the end of the Spring 2022 semester is the winner
- Prize must be distributed to a bank account specifically owned by the RSO
- These are typically facilitated by the Student Activities office once an RSO has a President and Treasurer